Friday, March 24, 2017

Safe To Eat Cookie Dough Three Ways

Hello everyone!
Happy Friday!
I am having some friends over for a girls night in this weekend.
We are going to watch movies, eat a ton of junk food and relax in our comfy clothes.
And what is a girls night in without cookie dough?
I have seen many recipes recently for safe to eat cookie dough and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to test them out.
I tried three different recipes.
Chocolate Chip, Cake Batter and Peanut Butter.

Before making your cookie dough the recipes suggest baking your flour to kill any bacteria.
I added all of the flour I would need for the three recipes onto a cookie sheet and baked at 350o for five minutes.


Chocolate Chip
1/2 a cup of softened butter
3/4 a cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 a teaspoon of salt
1 and 1/4 cups of flour
2-4 tablespoons of milk
1 cup of chocolate chips

Mix softened butter and brown sugar together. Once well combined add in vanilla and two tablespoons of milk. Mix in salt and flour. If the mixture seems dry add in the remaining tablespoons of milk one at a time. I used three. Once you have reached your desired dough consistency gently fold in the chocolate chips.


Cake Batter
1 and 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
2/3 a cup of yellow cake mix
1/4 a teaspoon of salt
1/2 a cup of softened butter
1/2 a cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of sprinkles (I used rainbow)
4-8 tablespoons of water

Mix together sugar and softened butter until light and fluffy. Mix in salt, flour, cake mix, sprinkles and vanilla. Add water one tablespoon at a time, mixing after each until you reach your desired dough consistency. I used five but feel like four would have been enough.


Peanut Butter
3/4 a cup of all purpose flour
A pinch of salt
1/4 a cup of softened butter
1/2 a cup of peanut butter (Chunky or smooth will work)
1/4 a cup of white sugar
1/4 a cup of brown sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoons of whole milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 a cup of mix in's (Optional)

Mix softened butter, white sugar and brown sugar together. Mix in four and salt. Add in peanut butter milk and vanilla. If needed add in more milk till the right dough consistency is reached. You can enjoy the cookie dough with or without mix ins. Since the other doughs included mix in's I decided to include one in this recipe as well. I used Reese's Pieces but you can use whatever you prefer. Mashed peanut butter cups, chocolate chips, etc. 

All of the cookie dough recipes were delicious. I found my recipes on Pinterest and there are so many more to choose from. The chocolate chip cookie dough recipe is a great base for any type of dough you prefer. Instead of chocolate chips you can add in M&M's, brownie bits, whatever floats you boat!
I saw so many creative ideas such as cheesecake, rocky road and cookies and cream.
If I try anymore I will be sure to share.
What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment